WHAT IS GOOGLE FIREBASE?
Attention marketers and small business owners, Google has changed the way we need to track Mobile App Analytics.
What The Ef Google? Why do you keep changing things on us?
Google’s newest change (without telling anyone), is how to set up analytics tracking on mobile applications.
Out with the old Google Analytics SDK, and in with the new “Firebase” Product and Firebase SDK.
The bad news – your old Google Analytics mobile app data is kind of irrelevant and you should set things up in Firebase.
The good news – Firebase looks WAY better than the old Google Analytics for Mobile Apps, as it features “events,” “conversions,” “audiences,” “user properties,” but even better…
Firebase features A/B Testing and Experiments.
AND, don’t worry, this is all accessible through your Google Analytics Account. It does mean you’ll have to set up a Firebase Account though, and do the integration yourself.
This video shows you how to get started, add your developer to get the SDK in the app, and integrate Firebase with Google Analytics.
Here are the general steps to setting up Mobile Application Analytics Tracking within Google Firebase integrated with Google Analytics.
1. Open Google Analytics and go to Property View, Create New Property, click on LEARN MORE about Firebase.
2. Click – Get started with Google Analytics app reporting.
3. Create an account. Go to firebase.google.com to create a Firebase account and download the corresponding SDK. To learn how to use the SDK in your app, refer to the Firebase documentation on Google Developers.
4. Add your developers to your account.
5. Download and install the SDK to your app. “Click Dashboard.”
6. Link Firebase back to Google Analytics.