How To Create Your Own Branded Instagram Story Sticker GIFs – Data Driven Daily Tip 338
What's up everybody? I'm going to show you something I've been really excited to do myself. This is how to create an animated GIF (I pronounce it JIF like the peanut butter), then add it to Instagram Stories, so that anyone can stick it to their stories on Insta.
This is complete branding arbitrage, because it costs NOTHING.
1. You just create a GIPHY.com account, apply to have it verified (which is easy - this video explains it) - https://giphy.com/apply/
2. Create the frames for your GIFs using Canva and download them as transparent PNGs.
3. Upload them into GifMaker.me ... Download them as an animated GIF file.
4. Upload them to your GIPHY.com account and add tags. The tags are important, because these are the search phrases that users will type in to find your GIFs on Instagram.
Why is this branding arbitrage?
1. Because the data says user attention is HIGH on Instagram Stories.
2. The cost of putting your logo into Instagram Stories via these GIFs is ZERO Dollars and ZERO cents.
3. You can do as many as you want, with as many keywords as you want.
So get creative, or contact us if you need help - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to Dan Cox for the pro tip on this one.
Lastly, when you have submitted your five GIFs, you can complete your brand application by filling out the form on the Apply page, and this is what the screens look like.
24 hours after submitting my application and five GIFs, I was approved!
Thanks for reading, watching and listening, and have a great day!
Paul Hickey, Founder / CEO / Lead Strategist at Data Driven Design, LLC and founder of Nashville Voice Conference, has created and grown businesses via digital strategy and internet marketing for more than 15 years. His sweet spot is using analytics to design and build websites and grow the audience and revenue of businesses via SEO/Blogging, Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Facebook and Instagram Ads, Social Media Content Marketing, Email Marketing and most recently, Voice App Design and Development - Alexa Skills and Google Actions. The part that he’s most passionate about is quantifying next marketing actions based on real data.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.