What’s up everybody? I’m going to show you something I’ve been really excited to do myself. This is how to create an animated GIF (I pronounce it JIF like the peanut butter), then add it to Instagram Stories, so that anyone can stick it to their stories on Insta.
This is complete branding arbitrage, because it costs NOTHING.
1. You just create a GIPHY.com account, apply to have it verified (which is easy – this video explains it) – https://giphy.com/apply/
2. Create the frames for your GIFs using Canva and download them as transparent PNGs.
3. Upload them into GifMaker.me … Download them as an animated GIF file.
4. Upload them to your GIPHY.com account and add tags. The tags are important, because these are the search phrases that users will type in to find your GIFs on Instagram.
Why is this branding arbitrage?
1. Because the data says user attention is HIGH on Instagram Stories.
2. The cost of putting your logo into Instagram Stories via these GIFs is ZERO Dollars and ZERO cents.
3. You can do as many as you want, with as many keywords as you want.
So get creative, or contact us if you need help – email@example.com
Thanks to Dan Cox for the pro tip on this one.
Lastly, when you have submitted your five GIFs, you can complete your brand application by filling out the form on the Apply page, and this is what the screens look like.
24 hours after submitting my application and five GIFs, I was approved!