Your Resolution Should Be: Use Google Analytics in 2018
Get ready folks, because my 2018 New Year's Resolution is to blog every day. Yep, that's right. 365 Paul Hickey blogs. My sincere hope is that each and every one of them provides some value for you in some way to improve your business.
Kicking off 2018 is a subject I'm extremely passionate about - Google Analytics.
If you've ever met with me face-to-face or had a phone conversation with me about your website, you know the first thing I check is whether or not your website has Google Analytics installed, and whether or not you'll give me access to take a look.
Quite simply, this is because Google Analytics gives you all you need to know about:
- Your website visitors (where they come from, what they're interested in, how they view your website)
- What products and services you offer that your web users are most interested in
- How your audience currently finds you
- What pages / elements of your website are most effective/ineffective
- The effectiveness of marketing efforts (both online and offline)
- Making data driven marketing decisions by setting up a mini-business intelligence dashboard
First, we're going to focus simply on how to get set up in Google Analytics. The video below is from our Data Driven Academy Google Analytics 101 course.
This walks you through how to set up a Google Analytics account, what it means to set up an account vs. a property and a view, and how to use properties and views properly whether you're a brand or an agency.
It helps you generate and install your Google Analytics tracking code and get up and running!
Thanks and have a great day!
Paul Hickey has created and grown businesses via digital strategy and internet marketing for more than 10 years. His sweet spot is using analytics to design and build websites and grow the audience and revenue of businesses via SEO/Blogging, Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Facebook and Instagram Ads, Social Media Content Marketing and Email Marketing. The part that he’s most passionate about is quantifying next marketing actions based on real data.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.