What's up everybody? We had an amazing event, the Nashville Voice Conference, on July 31, 2019, and we are already making preparations for Nashville Voice Conference 2020.
One of the things we wanted to do with our event, was create a Snapchat GeoFilter around the location of the event, which was held at Thistle Farms in Nashville, TN.
I had one of my teammates, Tanner Boriack, help me prepare this Data Driven Daily Tip.
Here is how to create a Snapchat filter.
1. Go to Shapchat.com
2. Click on Create.
3. You'll see a few different options. Community Filters, Filters and Lenses. Select "Filters."
4. Then click "Create Now" next to Filters.
5. You'll see a couple different options. You can use Snapchat's own pre-loaded options/designs, or you can design your own filter with creative tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, or even my own personal favorite - Canva!
6. Take note of the size of the file. Make sure it's 1080 px wide by 2340 px tall.
7. Make sure you have a transparent background as part of your image, where the users would be shown in their photo, in the upper two-thirds portion of your design.
8. Also make sure you have a contrasting background with your text color in the lower third portion of your design.
9. Upload a png file of your design by clicking the "Upload" yellow button. Preview your design.
10. Click the yellow "next" button to select the day and time of when you want your filter to show (we set ours for a couple hours before the event, to a couple hours after the event).
11. Click next again.
12. Select the GeoLocation of your event. Start by typing in the address or name of the business location at which your event will occur.<
13. Create your GeoFence by following the instructions within Snapchat (minimum size, click and drag).
14. Checkout - enter payment information, check settings and click Submit!
Boom, your Event will now have a really cool Snapchat Geo-Filter!
Thanks for reading, watching and listening, and have a great day!
Paul Hickey, Founder / CEO / Lead Strategist at Data Driven Design, LLC has created and grown businesses via digital strategy and internet marketing for more than 10 years. His sweet spot is using analytics to design and build websites and grow the audience and revenue of businesses via Podcasting, building Alexa Skills, SEO/Blogging, Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Facebook and Instagram Ads, Social Media Content Marketing and Email Marketing. The part that he’s most passionate about is quantifying next marketing actions based on real data.